Mirlah and Nik are high school romancers. Together from a very early age, they share a vibrant and colourful history and indeed future which shows off in the style of their wedding – a central American fiesta, inspired by their travels.
They had a vision, they wanted food stands… kind of street food style where people could come up and have a smaller portion of many dishes. Nik is also a mad popcorn fan so we came up with a few flavours placed them all around the venue along with some spiced roasted nuts. All the canapés were served in ball shapes and transformed into brightly coloured Maracas.
- The “Maracas” all served on sticks,
- Chicken & Lemon Confit Bonbons,
- Smoked Paprika Mayonnaise,
- Chorizo & Basil Arancini,
- Roasted Garlic Mayonnaise Mini Mozzarella Balls,
- Sweet Chilli & Mint Sauce Salmon & Lime Mousse,
- Coconut Crumb
The Food Stands
- Black Bean Chilli, Guacamole, Lime Salsa & Herby Pancakes Pulled Pork Tortillas, Banana & Coriander Salsa, Apple Salsa & Flaming Hot Salsa
- Nik’s Nacho Hut! Sour Cream, Guacamole, Cheese, Jalepenos, Tomato Salsa
- Jerk Chicken & Jambalaya Rice & Creamed Corn & Red Pepper Relish
El Fin – The Desserts
Served family style
- Churros in shot glasses with Chocolate Sauce Margarita Granita
- Passion Fruit Cheesecake – we served this on dry ice just because it’s fun!
- The Ultimate Chilli Con Carne served with crusty bread in New York style takeaway containers